Privacy Statement for Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd
Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your data information will be treated when you register your interest, enquire or purchase our products or services.
What personal information does Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd collect?
Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd collects data information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through your use of our website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company.
- Transaction, invoicing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email feedback to our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us. Please note that if you telephone us, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of our customer surveys.
- If you interact with one of our sales agents, or customer premises.
- We may also record certain details of how you use our website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails we send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in our marketing materials. We use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that we can tailor our advertising to you.
How does Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd use my data?
Depending on how you use Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your data:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent e.g. where you contact us with a query, or if you consent to receive marketing from us.
Unless you have told us not to, we will send you marketing information relating to products and services we think will be of interest and relevant to you, for legitimate reasons. If you change your mind and no longer want to receive these communications you can tell us at any time by contacting Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd at email@example.com.
With whom does Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd share my data?
Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies. On occasion, we also share data with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where your order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd store my personal information, and how long for?
As Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd exports its products throughout the world, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it.
How can I access, update, correct or delete my personal information?
Under UK data protection law, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, and Elmatic (Cardiff) Ltd will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please get in touch.
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in May 2018
Elmatic will be exhibiting at the RVE2015 railway exhibition. The show...
Strip Heaters - 24/02/2015 Strip heaters are heating elements used in...